- Ensuring project team adheres to provided timelines and deliverables
- Ensuring documentation is maintained throughout the length of the project
- Communicating plans, actions, risks, and issues with key stakeholders
- Solving any issues that may arise during the project
- Managing and building relationships with multiple teams
- Assisting the Project Manager with administrative functions and processes
- Managing day-to-day activities for the Project Management team
- Analyzing project data and producing progress reports
- Background in Sustainability
- Strong desire and commitment to work with community members/community-led groups to strengthen their community by designing and implementing their solutions for change
- Ability to work cross-culturally, in a manner that respects and promotes diversity
- Ability to bring people together for a common purpose and to help facilitate challenging conversations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, self-motivated and a creative problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and build on community members’ existing skills and assets
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social enterprise (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience working with minority groups, familiarity and empathy for the complex challenges faced by minority groups is an asset
- Knowledge of community initiatives, grassroots groups and events in the GTA
- A police check will be required
Applicants must be under 30 years old. This job is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Job Program.
Start date is June 22, 2022. Duration is 8 weeks but may be extended. Salary: $18/hour 35 hours/week . Work is predominantly done remotely.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org