- Communications Planning and Implementation: Contribute to developing and executing a communications strategy and implementation plan for SCAN’s Climate Change Action portfolio. This includes the branding, positioning and promotion of SCAN’s Climate Change Action programs; support the creation and delivery of social media and digital marketing campaigns and internal reporting and assist with planning and facilitation for successful event implementation.
- Marketing Content and Materials Creation: Support the design and development of communications content to capture black and visible minorities experiences and actions to share with a broad audience. He/She will develop communication materials for print, web, social media and digital marketing to showcase and promote the Climate Change Action programs. ·
- Recruitment Planning and Implementation: Contribute to the development and execution of a recruitment strategy and implementation plan for the Climate Change Action portfolio; conduct targeted promotional activities and relationship development with relevant stakeholders; support youth recruitment and onboarding. ·
- Business Development: Support the growth of the SCAN’s Climate Change Action funding portfolio and granting options; support business development planning and processes including new partnership acquisition, portfolio expansion and proposal development.
Other Administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training
- Background in Sustainability
- Strong desire and commitment to work with community members/community-led groups to strengthen their community by designing and implementing their solutions for change
- Ability to work cross-culturally, in a manner that respects and promotes diversity
- Ability to bring people together for a common purpose and to help facilitate challenging conversations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, self-motivated and a creative problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Non-authoritative voice of encouragement and ability to recognize and build on community members’ existing skills and assets
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social enterprise (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience working with minority groups, familiarity and empathy for the complex challenges faced by minority groups is an asset
- Knowledge of community initiatives, grassroots groups and events in the GTA
- A police check will be required
Applicants must be under 30 years old. Start date is September 1, 2022. Salary: $18/hour 35 hours/week .
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org