This position is under our SCAN’s Youth Entrepreneurship Pathway and Job Creation Project and Sustainability on the Farm program, which is carried out in partnership with Akachi Farms at 9550 Pine Valley Dr, Woodbridge, ON L4L 2V5. Akachi Farms is a small business, organic farm with its head office in Mississauga, Ontario. In this position we will be under skill acquisition, livelihood and Educational support.
Intern will assist in all areas of the farm, except for the animals and will participate in our workshops. The intern will not be allowed to feed the animals without the farmer’s permission. The intern will work in fields and orchards. S/he will plant, weed, and harvest. There will be little use of heavy duty tools. Mostly shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows, and other non heavy duty tools will be used. The Intern will work 7 hours a day, with 30mins lunch break and a 15 minute break every 2 hours.
Expectations & Requirements
- Arriving on time (Attendance)
- Clocking in once you start, not when you are getting ready, and clocking out on
- Organized return of tools to their spots.
- Finishing the given number of tasks per day, accurate fulfillment of the tasks.
- Ability to do physical jobs such as, pushing a wheelbarrow, digging, planting,, weeding, carrying tools and totes.
- Intern must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Applicants must be under 30 years old. This job is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Job Program.
Start date is ASAP Duration is 8 weeks. Salary: $15/hour 35 hours/week.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com