- Communications Planning and Implementation: Contribute to developing and executing a communications strategy and implementation plan for SCAN’s Climate Change Action portfolio. This includes the branding, positioning and promotion of SCAN’s Climate Change Action programs; support the creation and delivery of social media and digital marketing campaigns and internal reporting and assist with planning and facilitation for successful event implementation.
- Marketing Content and Materials Creation: Support the design and development of communications content to capture black and visible minorities experiences and actions to share with a broad audience. He/She will develop communication materials for print, web, social media and digital marketing to showcase and promote the Climate Change Action programs. ·
- Recruitment Planning and Implementation: Contribute to the development and execution of a recruitment strategy and implementation plan for the Climate Change Action portfolio; conduct targeted promotional activities and relationship development with relevant stakeholders; support youth recruitment and onboarding. ·
- Business Development: Support the growth of the SCAN’s Climate Change Action funding portfolio and granting options; support business development planning and processes including new partnership acquisition, portfolio expansion and proposal development.
Other Administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training
- Background in Sustainability
- Strong desire and commitment to work with community members/community-led groups to strengthen their community by designing and implementing their solutions for change
- Ability to work cross-culturally, in a manner that respects and promotes diversity
- Ability to bring people together for a common purpose and to help facilitate challenging conversations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, self-motivated and a creative problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Non-authoritative voice of encouragement and ability to recognize and build on community members’ existing skills and assets
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social enterprise (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience working with minority groups, familiarity and empathy for the complex challenges faced by minority groups is an asset
- Knowledge of community initiatives, grassroots groups and events in the GTA
- A police check will be required
Applicants must be under 30 years old. This job is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Job Program.
Start date is May 17, 2021. Duration is 8 weeks. Salary: $16/hour 35 hours/week . Option to work remotely is available.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org